Welcome to the Spinnaker community! Please join us as a contributor.
- File an issue: Spinnaker issue tracker.
- Set up a local development environment to test pull requests: Development environments.
- Read guidelines on submitting patches, proposing new features, and using commit and PR naming conventions: How to submit a patch.
- Read code conventions for pull requests to core services: Code conventions for server-side components.
- Get started contributing by reviewing documentation pull requests: Reviewing pull requests.
Connecting with the community
You can connect with contributors and discuss opportunities to contribute in a few ways:
- Reach out to us on Slack.
- Check the calendar and attend a meeting for a SIG (Special Interest Group) that focuses on a topic relevant to you.
- Search Slack for channels related to topics you’re interested in and use channels beginning with
#sig-to engage with SIGs outside of scheduled meetings.
- Join the next Spinnaker Gardening Days event.
Spinnaker development environments
The Spinnaker community is currently working to develop and document a standard environment and toolkit for Spinnaker development. While we get organized, the Development Environments guide is the most current resource and focuses on development instances of Spinnaker that leverage Kubernetes. If you prefer to set up Spinnaker services locally without using Kubernetes, follow this guide to setting up a dev environment to get up and running.